National 12 - find out more...

Howard Elcock

Started by NTOACertification, 03 Aug 2017, 03:12

« previous - next »

NTOACertification

We have today received the sad news that Howard Elcock has passed away.  Howard was a stalwart of the Class particularly in the Northern area.  He became a member in 1967 and owned eight boats over the years until 2010 when no longer owning a Twelve he became an Associate member.

In recent years he spent a lot of his time in Greece and it was there that he passed away and was buried in the country he loved.

Howard's sister who gave us this news also informed us that there will be a memorial service on the 3rd September at All Saint's Church, Gosforth, Newcastle on Tyne.

Kevan Bloor

icecreamman

Sad to hear this news as I was just wondering what Howard was up to. I sailed against him at Naburn prior to him leaving Hull and moving to Newcastle. Always a staunch supporter of the Labour Party which tipped over in to the colour of a couple of his cars as well as the Paper Dart that he owned which were all red.
I remember having a debate over a (couple) of beers about the removal of Clause 4 from the Labour Party constitution when Tony Blair was elected, but when it came to Howard and beer I am afraid to say I cannot remember the outcome of the debate.
Sadly missed.

n12 Bottom Banner