National 12 - find out more...

N12 history

Started by SteveBolland, 14 Sep 2017, 10:29

« previous - next »

SteveBolland

I wonder if anyone can help, especially if you have access to old results.

We're putting up an honours board at Bristol Corinthian and we're trying to identify all Nationals and Inlands winners of our club members. I've been told that one of our former members, Mickey Dees, may have won the N12 Nationals in the late 60s or early 70s? Is anyone able to confirm? Or have information relating to any of our other members?

Many thanks,

Steve

Jerry Garner

According to the handbook record there was an M C Deas who tied for first place in the Silver National (overall championship) in 1969.  In that year he was 2nd in the Burton Cup race.  He also came 2nd in both championship and Burton in a previous boat in 1964.

SteveBolland

Many thanks for that Jerry. That's the chap! Is there any indication in the handbook of who the crew was?

Steve

John m

I am sure that someone will know, but the crew trophies for the week and the Burton Cup were not awarded until 1979 so that is less easily accessible information!

JohnMurrell

It would be in the relevant newsletter, I don't have my 'archives' to hand at the moment but will check when I get home at the weekend

SteveBolland

n12 Bottom Banner