National 12 - find out more...

N3405 Denouement

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 17 Mar 2007, 12:01

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3405 Denouement.   Design: Final Chapter, designed by: Michael Jackson in 1987
Previous boat names: Denouement, Flawless, prior to reverting to Denouement.

DavidW

Originally owned by Nigel May and took him to some good Burton Week reslts.
Bought by Paul & Cyntia Turner from Spinnaker - my neighbours in the boat park. I was very envious of their lovely boat & when i heard that they were contemplating selling jumped staright in and bouight her very early in 2002 and I promptly got my best Bloody Mary resukt.
We bought some new sails (a realy good set from P&B) and enjoyed a greeat season winning the first open meeting we that we had sailed together in for many years (Avon).
We renamed her "Flawless" as we fancied having a crack at the AC prizes. I see now she has her original name again.
She rekindled Frances' appetite for sailing so much that we ordered a new boat for 2003! We had no trouble selling her - she had been spotted by David at Harwich in 2002 and as soon as we put her on the market the 'phone rang and a deal was struck whereby we used her for up untill hand over at RHYC open.

David Wilkins
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

DavidW

David & Frances at Salcome 2002
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

gbr1918

I'm delighted to say that the beautiful N3405 'Denouement' is now resident in King's Lynn, and mystifying the new owner.   The attached pic shows me and Mouse baffling round the final Winter Series event at Ouse Amateur SC.   Club reaction is that we 'look ok on the straights but a bit shaky cornering', and that is true.   Future plans include NW Norfolk week, by which time we may have a better handle on how to drive.  We'll just have to hope it isn't windy  ;) .
Dave Cooper

n12 Bottom Banner