Here are some thoughts of how you can build the 12
fleet at your club. If you have any top tips to add please let us
know (e-mail the webmaster). Also, make sure you're clubs in on
the N12 clubs list - enter or update your sailing club
Creating enthusiasm about the 12
- Be seen at your club, if you're not there then they won't know about
- Inspire and enthuse people with articles in the club magazine. You
can write about recent events you've been to or interesting developments
in the class in general.
- Keep the old boats in the dinghy park sailing. The old boats are
particularly good for beginners. Have a look at the boats collecting
water in the dinghy park and see if some of the owners can be persuaded
to venture on the water again.
- Have an up to date second hand list, encourage potential 12 sailors
to try-a-12 and suggest boats from the 2nd hand list.
- Get involved in (RYA) training courses run at your club is a good
way to influence the first boat people buy. N12s are a good low cost way
- Provide advice to new people on purchasing a boat
- Play the N12 video at events