National 12 - find out more...
Sidebar

Boats for sale

Started by angus, 13 Oct 2006, 08:51

« previous - next »

angus

After my stunning performance at the inlands I have decided to sell both my boats to get somthing a bit quicker so if anybody is interested in a ToY or a China Doll give me a shout, I am off course wanting great amounts of money for them to fund my Baggy or Crusader. By the way a ToY is a single hander with a sliding seat not a 12 that you havn't heard of. I might be prepared to transport to the North of England while I am looking for boats.
On that subject what should I go for a Bggy or a Crusader. We have an all up weight of under 15 stone but are only going to get heavier, at least Rohan is and mainly sail on inland waters although we are planing on travelling more next year.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

THG

Having owned one of each now (both wood and about same vintage) I think the Crusader is better at the inland lake where usually sail - but the baggy is faster on open water.
THG

Jon_P

Only owned a crusader but it craps on all the plastic fantastics I've ever owned.
I can get round the course nearly as fast in my crusader as I do in my RS vareo!
Inland and light winds maybe and  as soon as it picks up the performance boats shoot off, but it's not bad for a 20 year old boat!

Plus they look fab!

Jimbo41

Angus,

Try a Tigress. Good weight carriers (within reason) I'm a witness. Really sexy with a round bilge - more like a Mercedes Gullwing than a Crusader although they are also nice to own.....Or I still think there's a Wild Front Ear for sail from Bill Oakley. It's up your way in Glasgow. Have a look at the online list.

It's like the choice between a Triumph Spitfire or a Stag. They get burnt off by the Golf GTI but they just look that much more refined (Ahem, pass the Port would you Jeaves....)

Personally, if I had it my way I'd have a whole garage full of them - Baggy / Final Chapter for blasting on open water; Tigress / Crusader for inlands / rivers (better for roll tacking). Wild Front Ear for marginal plaining conditions. Like changing a suit......

Jim N3130 (Woody - Goodie!!!!!)

Jon_P

Jimbo41

Ahem, I do my best..... ;D

Wood's way out man!!!!

Lukepiewalker

I might know of a Crusader that might be coaxed form it's owner in Scotia... :X

philipcosson

Hello angus,

My experience of owning the baggy this year has been that it is fantastic in a blow - especially on the sea with the extra bouyancy. in planing conditions it gives you phenomenal speed - but it does not come up onto the plane on a lake as soon as some other designs. (unless that is my sail trim!)

in light winds, we were hopeless.

I've no experience of a crusader.

Philip
N3253
Philip<br />ex N3367, ex N3253

angus

Thanks for all the comments. Ye Jimbo we know about your plan to take over the world with a fleet of National 12s I hear that wood can take canon shot better than fibre glass but I don't know about carbon. ::)
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Jimbo42

ade white

if your interested i have have  n12. baggy trou design sail number 3200. ex kev bloor boat. it was at the nationals this year sailed by my neices Rosie and Sophie White. came 2nd in the old boats. The hull is glass with wood decks and weighs 82.5  on the measurement cert. its got loads of ropes etc and is all set up and working. it is all in good condition has an excellent combie trailer and top cover. both sets of sails are average.  
I bought it for me and me boy but he just wants to mess around in oppies so i am not going to use it much. i had intended to do some radical weight reduction to it this winter however im feeling lazy so let me know if youre interested. Ade white. tel 0115 9847208. Nottingham.

n12 Bottom Banner