National 12
Sidebar

Wanted - another mast!

Started by Nigel (Guest), 24 Jul 2005, 08:46

« previous - next »

Nigel (Guest)

Well I don't actually want to fit two masts. Do the rules stop you? Interesting sail plans!

Has anyone got a C mast for a 12 that is not being used and are willing to donate it to a good cause - ie go sailing, after all that's what a mast needs. Just think how you would be if you were left at home when the rest of the boat went sailing. :'(

Needs to be 6.37m or more long, ie stepped at DB/ centreboard casing level or keel.

Sailing with less than 16 stone and want a really bendy mast, currently sailing with a Kappa but have been recommended to change it for a C or Carbon!  We batten down the hatches in a F4.

So to revise the question, either
1)       has anyone got a carbon mast broken at deck or gooseneck level and is willing to sell the remainder, then I'll graft it into a alloy stump.  ::)
2)       Has anyone got a spare/redundant C section that they are willing to swap for a few quid? :)  

Obviously this leads onto another question:
           Has anyone got a decent secondhand suit of sails prefereably made for a Procter C mast or just main that they are willing to sell

happy sailing
Nigel N3415

Ken Goddard (Guest)

Nigel,
I have the two pieces of a much-liked, lightweight section, Proctor Alpha, which I broke at the mast gate last year. If you think you can join them together somehow, please get in touch.
Regards
Ken Goddard
N.2300
Phone Number in the booklet