Sidebar

spare 12 bits?

Started by sam293, 17 Jul 2009, 12:38

« previous - next »

sam293

hi everyone
iv finally brought a 12, 3279 billly the hoover,

now i need a few things, if anyone has,
a spare undercover and or a top cover they are willing to give or sell?
i also need a bit of advice, i am removing muscle boxes from jib tensioner and shrouds, and wondering what the best way to run cascades/  purchace systems would be? any ideas or pics would be great!
it has a 2:1 on the deck which i will leave on there.

cheers
sam

Antony (Guest)

Sam,
I took one look at the muscle boxes in my 'new' boat and decided that i would invest in a can of McLube rather than the couple of hundred pounds worth of blocks to make a proper cascade alternative.  I would certainly consider this with the jib halyard (unless it is actually broken) as you do not need that to ease off without tension on it during a race.  
If you do decide to do the shrouds the best bet is a glance at a few boats, or a call to Tom, as we do not all have the same purchase.  We have a 3:1 above deck, to achieve whatever we are trying to achieve!
Similarly i would not worry too much about the undercover, nobody had them until i guess the 1980s anyway and is only really the foam boats that are very sensitive to chips from the road!
Antony
N3514 (see For Sale), 3348 & 3292

sam293

cheers for the advice antony,

just wanted the undercover as iv spent so much time paining the hull, really dont want stone chips

Lukepiewalker

Don't forget the road film and other assorted crap you pick up orf the roads.

John Meadowcroft

Sam
Source some material and make your own under cover.  Whilst I have not done it myself it is not difficult.  The material is the most important thing as you want something that will not shrink.  Gavin's covers are home made.  Get in touch with him and ask him where he got the material.  Your mum has probably got a sewing machine and can show you how to use it.  good luck.

johnk

Pointnorth
http://www.profabrics.co.uk/
sell fabric at realistic prices. Their 6oz nylon (uncoated as you don't want an undercover to hold water) might be appropriate for an undercover.

n12 Bottom Banner