National 12 - find out more...
Sidebar

RHYC - The next Gill Series event

Started by Antony (Guest), 05 Jun 2008, 03:29

« previous - next »

Antony (Guest)

The next Gill Series event is at Royal Harwich on June 21st and 22nd.  The details of the event are on the poster that is a link from the front page of this site, or at http://www.national12.org/events/2008/RHYC_poster2008.pdf.  Feel free to print a copy and put it up at your own club, or take it home so you can admire how Jon & Char sail their boat.
The only detail missing, for a 1st timer, is to note that RHYC is in the village of Woolverstone and by car it is a very long way from Harwich and closer to the rest of the UK. If you want detail on how long it takes to get back to Woolverstone when you get to Harwich and realise this i suggest you ask Grazz, if my memory serves correctly he might know...
As with the event for the last couple of years the event is in conjunction with the Firefly and Lark classes, so there is any excellent social guaranteed and you can see real life design progression.
Camping is no issue, and you can certainly show up on Friday and put up the tent.
Any questions let me know, and if you are bringing young children i would also be interested to know as some additional entertainment might be arranged courtesy of the Firefly class...
Antony
N3514

Jon Brown (Guest)

Because there will be so many small children at Harwich a couple of things are being put on for them.
[face=Times New Roman] [/face]
Sat 12:00 â€" Kids lunch, Shepard’s pie.
Sat 16:00 â€" Picnic, might be something to do with Bears.
Sun 12:00 â€" Kids lunch, pasta
The caterer would like a rough idea of numbers (of kids) for lunch each day to help them out.  The picnic organisers would like some firm commitments, so they know how much kids stuff will be required.  If you don’t book you can explain to your kid why they don’t have a facemask or anything to cut or colour.
Numbers, left here, by Wed 18th please.
Cheers
Jon

John Meadowcroft

2 x Meadowcroft children for the picnic please.  And very likely for the lunches too.
Meds

John & Mandy T (Guest)

2 x Thornton girls too for lunches and picnic.  Sounds like they will have a great time - I am sure we will too !

Looking forward to seeing you all at the weekend

John & Mandy

Kevin

Would everyone who is going to Royal Harwich this weekend and is still sporting the old style GILL stickers please remove them ready to collect the new version and apply them before going sailing. A gentle heat from a hairdryer softens them up and ensures they come off but the paint stays on the boat.
Kevin

Jerry G (Guest)

Regret 3365 may have to miss this, our nearest Gill event.  Family bereavement means that other arrangements must take priority over sailing.

MikeDay

Anne, flipside and I will be there - and hoping for more sun than the forecast suggests, please.

Mike D
N3496

n12 Bottom Banner