National 12 - find out more...
Sidebar

N2632

Started by JohnMurrell, 23 Mar 2007, 09:19

« previous - next »

JohnMurrell

Nigel,

You might be able to fill in some of the missing history. I know that Chris Gillard had Dinsdale until 1977 when he sold her to Andy Dale. Did you sail at Up River 'cause I seem to remember seeing her there when I bought 2808 there in '78. The last entry in the Yearbook for an assn member is 1978 and from there on she is shown as owner by A J Dove of Shoeburyness. Ken Goddard remembers her surfacing at Earlswood Lakes in the early '90's when a John Pearson raced her and there are ELSC stickers still on the tramsom flaps today. From what I undestand he moved to Cornwall and kept Dinsdale at Siblyback Lakes until he sold her about 18 months ago to Martin Couch who I got her from via good old eBay!.

Condition wise the hull is still very good biut the c/board case and decks are in need of surgery ( ie replacement like my left knee! )

I am keeping a photograhpic history of the rejunivation!

John

Nigel

Hi John

Andrew Dove not Dale did buy her from Chris and we sailed her at Up River, this was Andrew's 2nd 12. I will have to ask him if he can remember when and to who he sold her. Adrew moved form Hullbridge to Shoebury, now living in Guadeloupe

I do rememeber 'Dinsale' being a very pretty 12 I will also ask Andrew's parents if they have any pitures

Look forward to seeing her  back her full glory

Nigel

n12 Bottom Banner