National 12
Sidebar

ratchet

Started by jammy dodger, 11 Oct 2006, 07:10

« previous - next »

jammy dodger

Hello everyone, I've still received absolutely almost no stories, so guess you'll be getting half a dozen pages of race results and my resignation, that's a result...
If you want a newsletter, I need your news, stories and pictures to put in it. I am happy to devote time to publish and print it, but do not have the time to chase down stories.
It takes me about two to three days of MY time to prepare the letter, drive to the printer and get the copies sent of to Mike. I am doing this willingly as I believe the newsletter is valuable to the class.
It appears that you lot don't agree by the amount of input I am getting (with the notable exception of a few of you).
I will do this newsletter and the next, if I don't get some proper stuff through for the next I will pack my bags and let some other poor sod have the thankless task.
If some of you put the same effort into the newsletter as you do the forum, it would be great. I have obviously looked at the forum and got some interesting tit bits, but why couldn't you have sent me the stories in the first place?
There are a lot of members who for whatever reason don't see the forum, let them see what's happening by getting the stories in ratchet.

Simon

Roly Mo

The answer may lay in your final comment.  Do those who don't read the discussion group know that you want stories now?

Howard Chadwick is about to send you 2 more articles, one writing up ANEYC and the other relating to restoring and sailing ribbed boats.

Team Roly Mo

Mikey C

Welcome to the world of editing. All chasing, no editing involved!
Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

rick perkins

If I knew anything about 12's I'd write a bit for you ...

Perhaps we can do a bit of "What it's like to take up 12's ..." that could be used for "selling" the class to others .... once we have done a bit more.

RIck
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

Antony (Guest)

Rick,
I think that a short piece like the one you put on Y&Y Forum explaining your decision would be interesting and worthwhile.

Simon,
Sorry to say this, but Mike is unfortunately right that the Editor has to spend too much time chasing copy and too little time editing.  Mine is in the post............

Antony

THG

Simon - I emailed TWO reports to you on Friday 6th October - I assumed you got these OK as sent to your email adddress.

I'll re-send now - please check as they both had Word 2003 attachements sent over.

Kean

THG