National 12 - find out more...
Sidebar

Henley this weekend

Started by MikeDay, 18 Sep 2006, 09:13

« previous - next »

MikeDay

It's the penultimate event of this year's Thames Area series - Sunday at Henley can only mean exquisite river sailing, a super friendly club, cakes rating 10 on the Zoe scale and a lawn fit to eat them on.  I'm imagining it'll be the usual 3 races, 11am start and John Meds claims to be a fully paid up member so pester him if you need instructions or more info.

Hope to see lots of you there (especially 'local' boats from Ranelagh, Twickenham, Desborough and Burghfield).

Mike D
N3496

THG

Sorry Mike used up all my brownie points for this month so no trip out for the Holy Grail.  I'm only 4 miles from the Thames (at Cricklade) but you could hardly even float the boat there.

Kean
THG

MattStiles

I'm in.  First 12 open for me, my son's first open ever, so I'm sure it'll be an eye-opener for both of us

Matt / N3143.

Mike S (Guest)

Sadly not me either - duty calls at DSC. Will be at Twickenham though, all being well and in expectation of river sewage levels being lower than recently.

Mike
N3274

grazz

We're hoping to make it for at least part of the meeting, in-laws/parents and jet lag permitting.

G&Z

DavidW

We'll be there - I've missed it too  many times in recent years. Stock up on the sandwiches and cakes!
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

John Meadowcroft

1st Graham + Zoe Ballantyne-Camm
2nd John + Mandy Thornton
3rd Dave Wilkins + Adele Cameron

report to follow............actual weather much better than forecast.  another enjoyable day messing about on the river.  

john

MikeDay

Great meeting, super cakes, 11 boats (best Thames river meeting turnout this year); ferocious and very localised gusts at times can only be the reason for capsizes performed by some old enough to know better!!

Mike D
N3496

n12 Bottom Banner