National 12
Sidebar

Wanted - n12 on a budget

Started by James H (Guest), 16 Sep 2006, 10:43

« previous - next »

James H (Guest)

martin 1262

Hi, I have a low cost 12 about to go for sale if you are interested.

I was planning to bring it home tomorrow, spend some time giving it a repaint and varnish, and then sell it, but if you are interested I could let you have it now.

Basically it is sailable, does well in lightish airs, I raced it at local club 3 weeks, ago, and was first over
line, beating lasers, enterprises, laser 2, not sure if that was luck or the skill of the helm! I have not had it in a blow yet, but should go well.

Controls

The boat is quite basic by todays standards, but has shroud levers, kicker, cunningham, outhaul and mast ram. Control lines all new this year

Sails

Mylar loose foot main (P&B) which sets really well. It also has a spare main which is only in fair condition. The jib is in reasonably good condition.

Sail Number

The boat number is 3037, professionally built in wood in 1978, by Rawlinson's Boats. The deisgn is not very well known, but the measurement certificate shows it weighed in at just about 78kg when first built. I have not had it weighed since I bought it so cannot say for certain if it is still is on min weight, but probably not far off.

Mast/Boom

It has a Proctor mast and 2 booms, I also have a spare Needlespar mast you can have.

The boat comes with a trolley, which is in good condition, and a home made cover, which does the job, but you will need a new cover next season.

Realise you are looking for a GRP boat, but  if interested you can reply to this post  cheers

James (Guest)

How much are you looking for it before its revarnished etc? How much would it be once its done?

Could you email some pictures to me at james@brutalhosts.com  

Thanks