National 12 - find out more...
Sidebar

70th Anniversary and pictures

Started by Pip, 08 Sep 2005, 08:28

« previous - next »

Pip

I read that there's going to be a big stand this year at the dinghy show to celebrate the 70years and wondered if anyone wanted to borrow a book that my dad found that contains lots of pictures of 12s.  The book is written by a Peter Copley, ay relevance to the class there? As it says they are his own photographs.
I'm not sure what dates the photographs are but the front cover picture is of kevin Bloor planing  N2184 "Imrahil".  Most of the boat numbers are in the 2000s
There also includes pictures of the 12s at Weymouth for a national chamipionship (but it wasn't 2004).

If anyone is interested then reply to this message here, or email me pip@prestleigh.com better yet I will have the book at Starcross this weekend so come and find me there.
Pip  ;D(N3474 Master of Puppets)

John Murrell (Guest)

Pip,

know the book well - actually have it in the office. Peter wrote a number of books; I bought another on ebay only last week called Dinghy Sailing published in 1966, again with some good photos of old Twelves. Other good books featuring the class are the National Twelves, Marls to Starboard and When Dinghies Delight all by Robin Steavenson. I know where one of the latter is for sale if anyone is interested....

John

Pip

It's amazing what you find in our bookcase!
Well the book has now been passed in to the very capable hands of graham.
Also thanks to everyone involved in organising Starcross, was a really enjoyable weekend! ;D

n12 Bottom Banner