National 12
Sidebar

N1396 X-El

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 15 Mar 2007, 10:16

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N1396 X-El. Design: Mark 4, designed by: Ian Proctor in 1953

Bumper

I bought this boat (N1396) 2 weeks ago. Some repairs had been done,ie. 4 new planks in port hull bottom, subsequently I have replaced 2 more planks, bow, stern and port side decking and some support members and rubbing strakes. Another 2-3 weeks should see her fully restored and ready to sail again. ;D.
Her new location will, I hope be the Forfar Loch sailing club, which is where I reside.

Bassman

Well I finished the restoration though it took far longer than anticipated due to advancing years and a heart attack! I never did get to sail her though, my wife will not sail, and I could find no one else interested, so after she lay in my garden for a year I sold her on, (Traded for a single handed boat is more accurate), and got on with my life. |Three weeks ago however, I found her again, lying on her trailer in a scrap dealers yard, the guy I traded her to had left her out uncovered, and the hull filled with water and the traile support pushed right up through the planks of the port side hull. I have attached a picture of her on the day I parted company with her.:o