National 12 - find out more...
Sidebar

N1733 Christi

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 16 Mar 2007, 01:32

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N1733 Christi. Design: Mark 8, designed by: Ian Proctor in 1958

paul turner

Christie is currently in Barry Judge's garage at his home in Brancaster having been kept under cover since she was last sailed in 1991. Bult by Wyche & Coppock she was originally owned by Ian Saxby and sailed at TVSC; Barry (now in his 70s) is only her second owner but would like to find a new home for her. I recently saw the boat when on the NWNW and from my limited and brief inpsection she seems to be sound with her original mast, boom, rudder and tiller; she will need some new(er) sails and the transom will require re-varnishing as the polyurethane varnish over original has gone all horrid!

paul turner

Michael Brookman has kindly emailed some futher information from the NTOA records regarding "Christi".
Ian Saxby (probably a member of Beeston SC when he first bought the boat in 1959) sold her to a Mr WC Thomson of Sutton Passeys Crescent, Wollaton Park, Nottingham in 1961 who owned her until 1964/5 when she was sold to Barry Judge, making him her third owner.
Ownership circa: Ian Saxby 1959/60, WC Thomson 1961-4, Barry Judge 1964 to date, but she now needs a new home!

ken goddard

Barry Judge, Ian Saxby and Campbell Thomson were all members of Trent Valley S.C. when I joined the club in 1960.
Ken Goddard

n12 Bottom Banner