National 12 - find out more...
Sidebar

N2964 Any Colour You Like

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 12 Mar 2007, 05:43

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N2964 Any Colour You Like.  Design: Scooter, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1977
Previous boat names: Narra, Obession. 

Martin

My first 12. Purchased by myself from Ted Hill at Olton Mere circa 1994/5. I sailed it at Mid Warwickshire YC Leamington Spa. Redecked by Gerry Ledger approx 10 years ago. Holt mast replaced with a Kappa around that time too. Hull resprayed in around 1998(Yelow colour retained). Unusual in that most Scooters were GRP. 2964 built in wood and did not have the aft tank that the GRP ones had. Amazingly quick on small water. Collected a lot of Club trophies with her. Very sad to see her go but the lure of GRP beckoned. Sold it on to a guy who sailed at Bartley Green I think around 1998/99 time. Hope the current owner gets as much pleasure from her as I did!

This boat is featured on the Scooter Design link. http://www.national12.org/class/Scooter.htm

D.King

Our family sails N2964, renamed in 2005.at Attenborough S.C.  Bought from somewhere in Birmingham but cannot remember where. Seems to do well in a gentle breeze on our small pond coming first in some handicap races.

n12 Bottom Banner