National 12 - find out more...
Sidebar

Happy dayz

Started by STU W, 28 May 2015, 11:34

« previous - next »

STU W

Plans in hand to upgrade Grimly Fiendish in the very near future. Plans got hold of, builder in deepest darkest Essex on board once Hadron, BOD's, National 18 molds completed, and designs being modified by another famous member of the Essex yachting fraternity.
to be called "Shades of Grey" for some reason.
Stuart
12's are for life not just for christmas.

Chilli

"shades of grey" --- gotta be summat to do with her new sleek, curvacious body surely ;)
good luck with the build :) oh and don't forget --- you've only got so many pages in your chequebook ;)

edwillett

Great news Stuart! What design are you going for?

STU W

Chilli, unfortunately nooooo!
Ed it's going to be a 4 plank version of one of the more popular designs if we can do it. Planning on using CD/CAM to produce it. Gonna be old school wood, going for a really nice looking boat. At my age might end up being a nice piece of furniture so glass won't have the same aesthetic appeal

Chilli

love the timber ones :)
i had a GP14 sail number 7056 -- grp hull and timber decks -- and i used to spend a good month of every year just stripping the varish and painting her ready for the start of the season -- sort of miss it in a way cos that was like the prelim to the icebreaker weekends that started the season for the club :)

good luck with the build and remember you're gunna be needing some really really good painting skills - every year ;)

edwillett

Great news Stuart....you cant beat wood! Looks by far the best. I'm guessing Simon Hipkin is going to do the build? Double or Single floor? Would like to run the story of her design and build in a Newsletter article if you are willing and able!
Cheers
Ed

STU W

Thinking low bow tank and stern tank with boxed up n C/B at the moment. Don't want it floating too high when capsized and am thinking a bit of water in the boat once righted might make life a bit simpler at my age. No spring chicken these days. Article sounds like a good idea and yes you could be on the right track wrt builder

n12 Bottom Banner