National 12 - find out more...
Sidebar

N3208 on ebay

Started by angus, 15 Mar 2009, 07:41

« previous - next »

angus

Just in case anybody is interested n3208 moonlight shadow is on ebay. a boat with history apparently Tom Stewart used to crew in her and once painted by Anthont Gifford in his flat. She has recieved more paint since then.8)
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

unlikly (Guest)

Balls, Antony Gifford’s never painted anything in his life.

Antony (Guest)

Ok, the whole story is:
I did once paint a N12, and it was 3208.  For some reason my college owned some houses, and the one i ended up living in had a garage.   It seemed obvious that i should take the 12 to Oxford, turn it upside down and paint it that winter.  The garage was very small, causing some arguments with my housemates about where they should park their bicycles.  This was one reason that the paint job was a bit of a rush job and did not last that well, the other is obviously that i am rubbish at things like this and got bored of sanding. 
I have not owned a wooden boats since, until we bought an aged Mirror late last year.
Tom not only crewed in this boat, I assume for Patrick Elcombe, but also won a RH winter series helming it whan P&B had rudely sold his boat leaving him to borrow mine.  Needless to say the bits worked better when he returned it.
Antony
ps.  I think people should post defamatory but amusing posts in their own name...

angus

Now sold and we have another Scottish boat:)
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

n12 Bottom Banner