National 12 - find out more...
Sidebar

incorrect sail numbers

Started by OMSC, 31 Oct 2008, 07:38

« previous - next »

OMSC

I have a set of salis that have another boats number on. and not enough time to get them renumbered.
boat is 2947, sails are 3455.
what is the rule with sailing in inlands with the wrong number, or an adapted number so that it is identifiable? or do I have to use an old set of sails?

thedodger

The numbers should peel off very easily, just take the sails and ask the OOD for his view. As long as 3455 isn't there, it shouldn't matter. If it is, then peel off a number and off you go. Please tell me that no-one is so a##l in the class they would protest you for this oversight.

OMSC

I think 3455 might be there, so I might be 455 for the day. any vintages turning up?

Jeremy C

Caroline martin owns 3455 and will defintiely be there so you could either blank out a number with more tape or peel one off.
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

johnk

Talk to the OOD - and be prepared to peel a number off. Take meths and white spirit (but don't drink either).

OMSC

i will selectively peel
pity I dont have a few stars, otherwise the a##ls mentioned above could protest 3**5 for being incorrectly numbered.

Kevin

I will tell the race officer to accept you but please make the number unique. If nothing else, any double digit combination should be fine.

Kevin

n12 Bottom Banner