National 12 - find out more...
Sidebar

Discussion board upgrade

Started by grazz, 11 Feb 2008, 10:17

« previous - next »

grazz

Dear all, the discussion board has had a little upgrade tonight. Hopefully it is still working. E-mail me (if you can't post here) if you have problems. Here are some of the new features . . .

If you're struggling to sign in with your old user name then try your e-mail address instead - I think that now works

Let me know if it's all ok by posting comment here

Graham

Jimbo41

Grazz!
Smilies look ok in editor but when you post they appear as punctuation. Weird!!! :P
Also, quick reply font is something of a challenge to myopics - although end result is quite easy to read! 
(Maybe some other of teething trouble I'll be on the horizon soon.... ;))
Cheers!
Jim.

Nigel May (Guest)

Hi Graham
I have tried all the passwords I can remember and cannot get in?
I have e-mailed via the help screen, that sent me an e-mail asking me to clik here to access my password, but can up with a screen saying access denied
Please can you e-mail me my correct password
Thanks
Hope you are both well and how's the bump?
Nigel

grazz

Smilies working now
Nigel, could you try logging in using your e-mail address (the @btinternet.com one - I think this is the one your are registered with)

MikeDay

Graham

Well done - it looks nice, but something odd is happening with words at line ends - can you see this?

Mike D
N3496

grazz

I see, the line wrapping is a bit odd isn't it. It seems to be wrapping by character rather than word . . . strange. Not sorted though.

If you spot any more oddities let me know

grazz

I've been asked about the grading system. For those of you who are highly competitive, this is how you get up the discussion board ladder. It's all based on the number of posts you make (with a little self appointed dictatorship)

You start off as Cabin Boy ;)- at which stage Big Brother (the board moderator) will be watching you carefully

At 20 posts you are elevated to Able Seaman and encouraged to swab the decks :o

At 50 posts you are promoted to First Mate and get to run your own watch :)

If you make 120 then you are appointed the Captain :D

And if you live to 200 posts you are the Commodore of the fleet ;D. There are quite a few Commodores at the moment so we may need to set the bar higher.

There is only one Ocean Master and that's Zoe - actually it's the board administrator (Me) 8).

tedcordall

Graham,
A possible buggette in the new board (or possibly one I haven't noticed before). If you enter the Discussion Group or Boat Database by clicking on these headings then all is well but if you click on one of the three topics shown below these headings then you fly off to the relevant post but the main heading bar with the long thin picture and the '12' home button disappears.
The home button on the board takes you back to the board home but to get back to the site home means reloading the page from favourites or going 'back, back, back'. Not really an issue but not as elegant as a '12' should be.

grazz

Hi Ted, the missing banner when going to the discussion board via the quick links was there before. Tried to sort it out a few time but I neved quite managed to get it working properly 
:-/

Will get it working properly someday!

n12 Bottom Banner