National 12
Sidebar

Boat Show 'Battle of the Classes' Pursuit Race

Started by grazz, 07 Dec 2006, 09:58

« previous - next »

grazz

Yachts & Yachting are again sponsoring the 'Battle of the Classes' Pursuit Race, on Sunday 14th January at the London  Boat show. Racing is in the dock just outside ExCel. 12s have taken part for the last 4 years. Last year there were 44 different classes entered in total.

Each entry receives two free tickets to the show.

Are you up for representing the class in the race?

Please let me know

Graham

rick perkins

Very shifty in the dock and slower boats with no kites probably have a good chance of a result.

How have the 12's done in the past?

regards,

Rick
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

Mikey C

I'm pretty sure we've only done it for three years. There wasn't actually a race the year Grazz did it, I finished 9th ish 2 years ago and I think Dave Wilkins managed top 10 last year aswell...

It's actually pretty good spectating aswell, I got some great shots from the bridge the first year!

Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

DavidW

Yes  - we were 9th, I think Mike is being modest I'm pretty certain he and Emma managed 4th or 5th. For a good part of the race a top 4 looked  likely for us too but the wind came up a bit more at towards the end.

It certainly was shifty.

It was a very long drive from home  - if there are no other takers nearer I might volunteeras I believe we should be represented.

Cheers
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

philipcosson

Philip<br />ex N3367, ex N3253

DavidW

David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

Antony (Guest)

The 12 team did fine, bringing home the team prize with a 2nd (Frances and Sophie) and a 4th (myself and Jo).  Suffice to say that the conditions were about as good as you could get in that dock, sunny with a nice breeze almost straight down the dock.  The Asym spinnaker was no help to anybody, and as a result the Fireball won and a Finn got in between us.  Fortunately the Fireball had no mate, and so we won the class prize pretty easily from the  Finns.

Antony

Jimbo41

Well done folks!

Just goes to show you don't automatically win with an asymmetric spinnaker.....

Have you by any chance a list of the positions?

Jim.

Alex D

Alex <br />(ex N3455, N3246)

Jimbo41

Have to wait for the footage on snail TV then....
Â