National 12
Sidebar

broken boom?

Started by matt (Guest), 04 Mar 2007, 02:38

« previous - next »

matt (Guest)

Hi,
has nayone broken a carbon boom recently. I'm looking for a shortish (30-40cm) length of carbon tube to make a snout on my cherub. I'd be most grateful for any broken carbon tubes .....
Matt
N3486

John Chalker

Hi, would a broken 29er pole be any use?

John N3232

matt (Guest)

thanks for the offer. think its probably too small as my spinnaker pole has to launch through the snout.
Cheers
Matt

matt (Guest)

thanks anthony but those tubes are a little narrow.

In fact - having browsed around the internet I'm finding if very difficult to find carbon tube of a suitable diameter - i.e ~100mm. Does anyone (mike?) know where I can get fat tubes from?

Cheers
Matt

JohnMurrell

Matt,

how about a bit of drain pipe, carbon mat, resin and vacbag it yourself? You had plenty of practice building the Twelve didn't you...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John

Mikey C

I can sell you something, bit more like 80mm though. Its the same size snout tube as I am putting in the Cardinal Sin and this is well oversize for the C-Tech spinnaker poles...

Email me off list - mike@teamaardvark.org
Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

JimC

Seems a strange thing to want to source... I'm a determined spar non-builder but even I made the snout tube: best way to get a decent fit

Mikey C

Maybe he's already made his mast and now wants an easy life? Each to their own Jim...  :D
Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk