National 12 - find out more...
Sidebar

Possible new N12-er

Started by James (Guest), 08 Sep 2006, 10:58

« previous - next »

James (Guest)

Myself and a friend are looking at buying a national 12, and are wondering if its "legal" to convert it from stern sheeting to center sheeting?

We havn't yet settled on a design, but center main is preferable to me (helming) as I am used to sailing Lasers / RS200s.

We sail on a small lake, and would probably be doing a bit of sea sailing (and hopefully some opens) in it, so can anyone suggest the best design for us?

We are aprox 20 stone total weight.

Anything apreciated.

James

DavidW

James

You've made a good choice of class - there is nothing to stop you having a centre main , or even a bow main if you so wish!
As for design, you've made no mention of your budget which could have a bearing upon which designs are available to you.

With just 20 stones on board there are few which wouldn't suit, with the exception perhaps of a Street Legal. If there's litle wind and lots of tacking involved a Final Chapter may be more difficult than something with the rocker a bit further forward, but would still be capable.

Where is the lake you'll be sailing on?  

Cheers

David

David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

James (Guest)

DavidW

Even quicker this time!

A Crusader is a sound bet - you'll love the 12 and soon discover the delights of exceptional responsiveness and outpointing all other classes in handicap racing. You may find her tippy at first but persevere and you wont be dissapointed!

Good luck

David

David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

James (Guest)

Just wondering if the owner of 3165 is reading these boards ... If so, could you please email me. I'm having no luck contacting you.

Thanks

James
james@brutalhosts.com

n12 Bottom Banner