National 12 - find out more...
Sidebar

Boat History

Started by mack, 08 Aug 2006, 10:18

« previous - next »

mack

Hello Everyone,

I have now aquired my beautiful new boat N2966 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. She needs a little tlc and I am looking forward to getting going!

I was interested if anyone knew any of the history of this boat (I cannot wait for the association handbook to arrive) and wondered what I may learn through you!

The boat has a rear bouyancy compartment, I have not seen this on any of the N12 material or pictures I have seen so far, maybe that is a clue to its history!

Does the Ice Cream Man know this boat????

Good luck to you all at the Nationals and hope to meet some of you on the water soon.

Mack

MikeDay

Well, it's a bit of a mystery.  The 2000 handbook has an empty line against that number - which simply means that when built it wasn't registered with the Association.  The rear tank doesn't help - lots of 12s have had one.  If you can post a couple of pics - including one of the transom, we might be able to tell you what design it is and hazard a guess as to who built it.  You can also try writing to Michael Brookman who keeps all the records and is the ultimate fount of knowledge about individual boats.

Mike D
N3496

icecreamman

Sorry Mack, cannot help you on that one at all. My spies do try to get round, but we cannot deliver 100%. Boat not being registered does not help, but as Mike has said if you can get some photos sent on, we can at least have a look and try to tell you what design the boat is

mack

Thank you for the comments. I will try to get some pictures in the next few days.

Mack ;D

THG

Mack - which Club will you be sailing at?

Kean
THG

mack

Hi Kean,

I am looking into clubs at the moment. I am very lucky being on the doorstep for Middle Nene, Pitsford and Rutland Water. I know that there are N12's at Pitsford and Middle Nene so once the old girl is sorted a bit I will be going down to see what is happening!

Mack

n12 Bottom Banner