National 12 - find out more...

Vintage Champs & Reunion at Trent Valley 16/17 May

Started by paul turner, 20 Feb 2020, 11:12

« previous - next »

paul turner

Greetings. It may seem a little early to be telling you about the Vintage Champs & Reunion, especially as the flood waters which have surrounded the Club and left the Stewards cut off, have yet to subside, but planning is already under way for the weekend of 16th & 17th May. There will be the usual racing on the Saturday (3 races Derwent Handicap pursuits) plus the Midland Area Open for all N12s on the Sunday but we are also opening the event up to cruising N12s who don't want to race and to all N12 sailors (vintage or otherwise) just to come down and catch up with old friends. There will be a skittles night on the Saturday with food, and catering all weekend. I have several Vintage N12s to lend out to competent helms. So spread the word and RSVP peeps! Px  8) N1650/2020/2359 (already booked!)/2399 (Gerald usually bags this one)/China Doll/Whisper (Me!)

paul turner

Talking to myself again? I suspect that with the current C19 situation we could well be looking at postponing the Vintage Champs? Any observations? Px  :-\

Chadders

Greetings or is it Yo Paul?   Not talking to yourself I think we are all just  wondering what is going to happen next with the restrictions and rules.  Pretty sure that the Vintage Champs will at least need to be  rescheduled if not abandoned for this year.  Regards to all 12 supporters vintage or otherwise, looking forward to the reunion when  it does take place.  Howard C

angus

Hey Howard you want to watch how you say that, people might think there are only 12 of us!
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

paul turner

Greetings. Owing to the ongoing C19 situation it was decided at the (online) Trent Valley Sailing Committee meeting last night that the N12 Vintage Champs and Open Meeting 16/17th May would be cancelled this year, with a view to running it again in 2021 (same weekend). Difficult times, but y'all stay well. Px  :-\

n12 Bottom Banner