National 12
Sidebar

N2825 Jennyanydots

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 06 Mar 2007, 09:52

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N2825 Jennyanydots.  Design: Cheshire Cat, designed by: Michael Jackson in 1973
Previous boat names: Zephyr of Henley, Blank Frank.

DavidW

My 4th Twelve - the first I had of a "current" design. her full name was "Zephyr of Henley" named thus as her 1st owners David and Sue Giles wanted the name Zephyr but it had been taken previously. They fitted the decks to an Impact hull - they were exceptionally comfortable a I recall  - we took a  template from them for our next boat.

We enjoyed considerable success in the Thames Area in this boat.

One of her 1st outings with David and Sue saw them invert without a pin in the mast foot - the heel came out and a new foredeck was required! My first outing was at the Parkstone plates sailing at the top end of a force 6 (maybe more) - I found her very stable after the China Doll and we won the race with a leg o spare from Mike Hoyle - I was grinning like a Cheshire Cat after that! The next day saw us in a port and starboard incedent with Mike which keft me needing a new foredeck!
I sold the boat to someone from Up River in 1980 - he lost a shroud on the first outing and again the boat ended up with a new foredeck!

We replaced her with another, slightly wider Cheshire Cat at the time that many were moving to Baggies.

David Wilkins
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

DavidW

David & Frances - Sailing at Henley SC - Zephyr - won just about every club trophy hat she as eligible for at Henley and several Thames Area meetings.
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection