National 12 - find out more...

N3279 Billy The Hoover

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 09 Feb 2008, 08:10

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3279 Billy The Hoover. Design: Baggy Trousers 2, designed by: Robert Peebles in 1985

Richard

I owned" Billy the Hoover" for a while. Crewed by my son Matt. We bought the boat from Starcross. We sailed  it in the 2003 Burton Week at Looe, well off the pace as we had only bought the boat three weeks earlier. I lent it to a couple of lads who sailed it in the 2004 Burton Week at Weymouth. Upon return I sold it to someone in the Bournmouth area....
Will add pictures soon.

Richard

Billy the Hoover is up for sale on Apollo Duck. Still look good.

John Crawley (Guest)

:) Just bought Billy the Hoover from Simon Townsend and looking to sail her on handicap at Chichester Yacht Club. My first venture into N12's & bought mainly to get my son involved in the racing (used to have a Solo). Looking forward to it and I'll see how I get on but she looks in v. good condition with a great P&B kevlar main ! The Laser 2000's down there are getting worried !

mike gilson

I now own "BILLY" i bought it off John Crawley on the 17 october 2008.Its the first time i have owned or sailed a N12, i will be sailing it at alton water near Ipswich on handicap and will see how it goes from there! I will be joining the ntoa in the new year.

sam293

Billy the hoover now resides in my garage.
undergoing a big diet, , shiney new paint and a re fit.
correction to the database shes a baggy 2

James Taylor

Some Pictures from Sam Childs

James Taylor

James Taylor

Hi All,
Have just picked "Billy" up. Lots of questions but he will be hitting the Solent next season after a winter refresh.

n12 Bottom Banner