National 12 - find out more...
Sidebar

Coaching in the North

Started by Dash then Splash, 26 Apr 2015, 10:34

« previous - next »

Dash then Splash

Hi all,
Recently moved back to the class and along with my wife we now sail 3447 (Formally Roly Mo, now - Caught in the Rain). Just wondering if there are any coaching sessions planned in the north? I have looked at the events page and the only one I can see is Northampton.

Best

Will Mitchell

Is Northampton classed as the north ?

monkeynuts

If its above Winchester it's in the north ;D

Chilli

there's a Liverpool Sailing Club :) a centre (more like multi million pound warehouse tbh) on Banks Lane in Liverpool at the back of Liverpool John Lennon airport that does absolutely everything water orientated :)  no N12's there that I've seen - there are a couple of Ent's and stuff - it's mainly geared towards the coaching side but has a really nice atmosphere --- I've been a few times but dunno if I'll end up there or not.

and if you're really lucky you'll get to sample the delights of a River Mersey Spring Tide which runs at 11knots :)  normal tide through there is 9knots although further down at Liverpool it's a more sedate 7knots :)  it's not for the faint hearted until you get used to the fact that it can be blowing a hoolie and you're still not making much progress :) I've seen boats launch from there on an incoming tide and 5 mintues later they are under widnes-runcorn bridge about 3 miles upstream

give the club secretary a shout --- lscsecretary@hotmail.com and they'll see you right :)  or have look at the website -- www.liverpoolsailingclub.org 

hope this helps :)

n12 Bottom Banner