National 12 - find out more...

Main Menu

N3033 T C

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 15 Mar 2007, 10:19

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3033 T C.   Design: Cheshire Cat, designed by: Michael Jackson in 1973

FuzzyDuck

This boat was at Rudyard in the 80's sailed by Tony Hart with son Gareth. I believe they sold it when they built their Baggy 3298 (have I said that before? sounds familiar) but am not sure.
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

MikeDay

I owned TC from c.1983-4.  I bought the boat from Tim Gray who did really well around the Midland Area in it -winning numerous open meetings.  TC was built, or at least finished, by Pete Robinson who won a couple of Salcombe Weeks in the 1970s and it was at that time a really fast boat.  It was also very pretty - a high domed foredeck fashionable at the time and nice inlay on the gunwhales.

Mike D
N3496

MikeDay

Here's TC on the river bank at Nottingham SC in (probably) 1983.  For those who haven't been around in the Class so long, TC's friends in the picture are (more youthful versions of ...) Michael Brookman (doyen of the Class and shown with characteristic 'dish' of tea), Tim Wood (sometime Midland champion and father of Tricia), Neil Crosby (sometime Midland champion and Corrigan Cup winner) and Mike Day (sometime Newsletter editor).  Nb - in my case especially, this was clearly in both senses the pre-Baggy Trousers era ...

Mike D
N3533

Mike Liggett

TC has now moved to Hunts SC in Cambridgeshire. She is in need of some TLC which I will be undertaking in the near future.  TC was 6th. in the Burton Cup in 1979 and had success at Salcombe and the Midland circuit.  She deserves a refurb!

Mike Liggett

TC has now completed refurb and is ready to hit the water, photos below.

Mike Liggett

Mike Liggett

Mike Liggett

n12 Bottom Banner