National 12 - find out more...
Sidebar

Gill Series 2010:  Event 2 - Salcombe YC

Started by Charlotte Stewart, 14 Apr 2010, 08:40

« previous - next »

Charlotte Stewart

The second event in this year's Gill series takes place at Salcombe from 1 - 3 May 2010.  First race starts at 13.50 on Saturday, with 3 further races on Sunday and Monday.
The notice of race, SIs and entry form should all be available on our home page v soon (and from the SYC website).  Entry fee is £18.50, with harbour dues and boat parking waived for the weekend.
Evening meals are available on Saturday evening (Pies) and Sunday evening (Carvery).  Both the harbour master and John Murrell would love to know if you're planning on going, so a post here (or an entry form directly to John) would be fantastic, preferably letting him know how many people would like to eat at the Yacht Club each evening.
If you need to find accommodation, try giving Salcombe Holiday Homes or Coast & Country Cottages a call - don't forget it's still low season in Salcombe.
I'm really looking forward to it, John has promised it's going to be sunny and windy - I've already packed my sun cream and shorts(!).
Any questions, just ask......

Charlotte Stewart

Back to top - the Harbour Master and John would really appreciate an idea of who's coming....

Jeremy C

unfortunately we are not able toake it this year :-(
I do know that Nigel and Chris White are going if that helps.
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

sophie (Guest)

Jo and I are coming - Char I assume you'll be there with Jonno, and Tom? And there are four or five local boats

Sophie

jonsue N3469

bart (Guest)

I'm coming. Anyone got any spare space?
Caroline

MikeDay

... as will Anne and I with the as-yet unnamed 3533.  Launch party on Saturday ... !  Dave and Tricia are also going.

Mike D
N3533

sam childs (Guest)

does anyone need a crew or helm?

really want to get down to this event,

also has anyone got some spare floorspace?

cheers

Chris Day (Guest)

We'll be there.

Chris and Sophie N3513

PhilB

Jo and myself will be there, could be interesting 1st open for years

MikeDay

I really do think that the weather gods are going to have to do better than the forecast 25mph northerlies and max 6deg to tempt me out of Batson creek on Sunday!

Mike D
N3533

Thefatkid (Guest)

SYC have thought of that and Saturday night is pie night.  You can’t have too many pies when it’s blowing 25 down the harbour.
[face=Arial] [/face]
3, 0, 4, 1 ,3, 1 should do it.  If John’s got a hangover we could do that bit up the creek with no water just the other side of the bag (6?), that’ll be a giggle for those who can’t lift their rudder.

Antony (Guest)

Mike,
Count yourself lucky, the forecast is even worse for those of us on the beach than for the sailing.  If it is really breezy the only sensible thing is to keep the boats between 1 & 3 so we can all watch and laugh.
See you all tomorrow,
Antony

JohnMurrell

I was thinking of using the X mark as a gybe mark off the Club - it keeps the members entertained!

n12 Bottom Banner