National 12 - find out more...
Sidebar

Measurement Certificate

Started by ifoxwell, 19 Feb 2010, 08:09

« previous - next »

ifoxwell

Hi all
Looking to buy a boat... if it doesnt have its measurement certificate are duplicates available for a modest cost or does it have to be remeasured?
Cheers
Ian

JohnMurrell

Ian,

All boats should have been measured - if the one you are looking at hasn't got a certificate call to Kevan Bloor will soon tell if it has been measured.

Duplicates are issued but remember that a certificate is only valid in the current owners name................so you have to pay a modest administration fee to reregister a boat in your own name, currently £22.50 to non NTOA members and this includes your first years subscription to NTOA - good value for money!

Jeremy C

Ian,
So you are finally succumbing to the national 12's! What boat are you after and will we be seeing you at Burton week? would be great to see you at Burghfield at the first Gill series open on 27th March.

Jeremy
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

ifoxwell

Hi Jeremy
Yup we are going to have to give in and get one... you know what we are like at jumping between classes but as we are the perfect size and weight for a 12 it was inevitable that we would end up here in the end.
I have enquired about several and we are just working out what will be best for us at the moment. We are having an extension built on the house which is why the Merlin is up for sale. So we are going to have to buy something cheaper... and a cheap 12 appeals much more than a cheap Merlin now that we have had a taste of a good one.
Do you know of any that we should be looking at...
Ian and Hannah

Jeremy C

when you say cheap... what is the sort of budget you are looking at? In the not too distant future there are likely to be a gaggle boats coming on the market as there is a big build program going on at the moment in time for burtonweek 2010.
so really depends on your budget

give me a call if you want 07867 500307

jeremy
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

ifoxwell

£2k would be top wack but much less would be preferable.
Ian

andymck

There are a couple of decent boats that have been on the market for a while now, that must be worth a punt.

Andy
Andy Mck<br />3529

FuzzyDuck

You wouldn't go far wrong with 3398. bullet proof Design 8 and still very quick. Also below your budget
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

ifoxwell

We are about 18-19st all up and sail on the Medway, a river estuary  that opens up to be a pretty large expanse of water as you head down stream.
What are the most suitable designs in our price bracket?
Ian

Jeremy C

Baggy trousers? gareth Williams (of Europe fame- what ever happened to moo?!) has his baggy trousers on the website. still down to weight I beleive and with a carbon rig. He won the admirals cup (non double bottomed entries) with it in 2008 at teignmouth Burton week, and has now upgraded to a Numinous.

benb

If i had about £2k to spend N3398 would be my choice but I'd have to change the name back to Charlotte Sometimes... For irrational emotional reasons I'd also be tempted by 3162 just because of it featured on the front cover of the december 1990 edition of Y&Y and that photo made me want a 12. 
Design 8s are great all rounders and would be a good choice for estuary sailing at that sort of weight (IMO). A baggy would also be good but in my experience a little bit hard to sail well the D8 lets you get away with things without stopping. 
Ben 
N1851 (currently in bits in the garage) 
(previously 3077, 3003, 2868, 3385 and sailed a few more).

n12 Bottom Banner