National 12 - find out more...
Sidebar

Derwent Reservoir Next Weekend!

Started by Chadders, 21 Sep 2008, 06:30

« previous - next »

Chadders

We have a Northern Open meeting at Derwent scheduled for next Sunday, its a great venue and Team Squidgy is all set to go but so far I have seen no details of start time etc??  Does anybody know and who else is going??
Please post some positive replies below or we are going to be very lonely.
Howard C
N various

Roly Mo

Brian Herring is the co-ordinator for this event and I've asked him what he's doing to circulate details.  Sadly won't be there as no crew.
RM

Tim Gatti

Lots of domestic and work pressure so something's got to give - 'fraid can't manage a 2nd visit to Derwent if I'm to get a pass out for N12 committee this Sat plus Ripon and Yeadon the following weekend. Tim

Crusader 3244

I'm conspiring to make a family weekend of Ripon and Yeadon (our home club is given over to an open for Comets? that Sunday anyway) so that seems good to me. I wouldn't mind attending Derwent but I think it might be unfair of me  to expect 12yo son (my crew) to travel to Derwent as well as Ripon. ( We just did TVSC)
So if anybody reading this would like to crew, (or knows of a crew) is able to get to Derwent or lives on a viable route frm South Manchester to Derwent then please don't hesitate to approach by email to cjpalmer<at>talktalk<dot>net.
Chris, 3244

MarkSimpson

We'll be at Derwent, looking forward to a great day's sailing on a lovely stretch of water in beautiful scenery.  We've not got any spare crews in our house (yet) but I'll try to make some enquiries and see if I can find one.
Mark

johncheetham

Would be there but also no crew >:(

Roly Mo

<font face="Arial" size="2">Brian Herring has asked me to advise the following:that the first race will be at 12.00 noon, fAny questions to Brian please,RM 

Crusader 3244

Ah shucks, aside from the crew issue a superior officer has reminded me that the day preceding Derwent is a significant day in the Palmer calander and so I'd better not conspire to be there. What on earth was I thinking? It's so unlike me to forget! :P
Chris, 3244

Brian Herring

DRSC The first race is at 12 noon followed by one hour for lunch, then the second and third races will be back to back
Brian Herring:)

Chadders

Hmm still looks like Aardvark and Squidgy at this stage, Neil also needs a crew as well as John C lets hope we can find some and double the fleet then!
Howard C8)

Chadders

Well what a great sail, wind and sunshine all day, my crew had her shorts on and I was third overall and first AC boat in Squidgy Bits!  Then again put another way I was last but I think the first comment has a better spin to it.  Those who are good at maths can work out how many entries we had.  A shame as it was an excellent event and thanks to Derwent SC for looking after us so well.  No doubt a full report will appear in due course.  Howard C

n12 Bottom Banner